Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We are looking for a talented scientist to fill a position in Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology. This is an opportunity to become a critical player in an initiative to better understand molecules that promote targeted protein degradation, a burgeoning field in small molecule drug discovery. The candidate will be expected to execute and optimize experiments to better understand the mechanism of action of our bioactive molecules. The candidate will also likely support screening and validation of new compounds, and will be involved in the development of a triage strategy to prioritize molecules of interest from the initial hits. The candidate will be expected to communicate results clearly in both written and oral form, and will need to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of scientists contributing to the team.
- The qualified individual will possess a B.S. or M.S. and at least 1 year of relevant experience on small molecule drug discovery projects in the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology or academia.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can critically analyze and interpret data relevant to the effect of small molecules on cell biology, and effectively communicate that knowledge with other team members.
- Experience with cellular assays and tissue culture is a must.
- We would prefer experience with luciferase detection and western blots.
- We expect the candidate to have a basic understanding of cancer biology and small molecule pharmacology.
- Familiarity with rigorous data analysis methods and software, including automated dose-response measurements, is preferred.
- The position requires the ability to present scientific data intra- and inter-departmentally and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Pay rate range: $20-$40/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.