Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Seeking a research associate to perform analytical methods to characterize recombinant protein therapeutics, monoclonal antibodies, and antibody drug conjugates using techniques such as capillary electrophoresis (CE), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and mass spectrometry (MS). The individual will maintain excellent documentation of all work including electronic laboratory notebooks, test methods, or any other appropriate documents. The individual will be responsible for presenting results and experimental information to departmental colleagues. Requirements:
- A BS or MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields with 1 or more years of industrial or academic experience.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of various analytical methods for protein characterization such as iCIEF, CE-SDS, SEC, IEC, RP-HPLC, peptide mapping, and intact protein analysis.
- Hands on experience with analytical tools such as high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), capillary electrophoresis, and/or mass spectrometry (MS) is highly desired.
- Prior experience with characterization of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and/or other protein therapeutics is highly desirable.
- Able to work independently or under minimal supervision to design and conduct experiments, as well as interpret, document, and communicate results.
- The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be highly self-motivated and eager to learn. The candidate must be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting timelines.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.