Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
A research group that focuses on early stage discovery research, exploring the basic biology of stem cell behavior during tissue regeneration, and dysfunction during aging. The lab uses tissue culture and mouse model systems to explore mechanisms that regulate stem cell processes. Current projects in the lab focus on genome editing, regeneration and fibrosis. The candidate will assist with mouse husbandry, the generation and maintenance of murine organoid cultures, and performing genetic screens and regeneration studies.
Techniques to be trained in include: tissue dissection and histology, organoid culture, immunocytochemistry, qPCR, biochemical assays, immunocytochemistry, and epifluorescence and confocal microscopy.
- The candidate must have 6 months to 1 year prior research lab experience (lab coursework does not apply) and must be proficient in molecular biology techniques (pipetting, dilutions etc) and be highly flexible to handle urgent project-based requests, and to perform multiple laboratory duties.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Team oriented and dependable. Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Experience with tissue culture and molecular biology necessary. Experience with organoids, handling mice and cell culture desired but not necessary. The candidate will be expected to have proficiency with general cellular biological and biochemical techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn. Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others.
- This position is ideal for a candidate looking to apply to a PhD program in 1-2 years and needs experience in a cutting edge research environment.
- BS/BA in Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Stem Cell Biology or related field.
- Specific skills include: mouse handling and dissection, and cellular biology, biochemical and standard laboratory techniques.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to keep data accurately, as well as read, comprehend, and discuss research materials.
- Able to prioritize and perform efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences or Chemistry
Pay Rate Range: $30-$40/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.