Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
This position is part of the Digital Pathology Group in Safety Assessment. The candidate will be a highly motivated, independent person that will be primarily responsible in supporting digital scanning activities with Safety Assessment. This will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepping, loading and scanning of glass slides using Hamamatsu Nanozoomer Scanner
- Prepping of study metadata using Excel
- Quality control of whole slide images using QC tool and uploading data in the department database
- Maintaining study metrics
- Creating annotations for digital images
The candidate will also be executing and coordinating the logistics of digital pathology scan lab. Those responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of lab and lab equipment
- QC of images from internal and CRO labs
- Slide handling and shipping preparation
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be comfortable performing repetitive tasks such viewing images on computer screen for blurs and loading and unloading of glass slides.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly interactive team setting and as such must exhibit excellent collaborative and communication skills within their team and with stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office and Google Apps knowledge required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive team environment
- Visual acuity to see small details while performing QC of whole slide images
- Capable of operating independently to execute tasks at hand
- Adherence to established policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, management and clients.
- BS degree in animal sciences or similar field with a minimum of 1-2 years recent experience performing the procedures described above is required.
- Proven technical skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 lbs.
- Work hours are commensurate with business needs.
Pay Rate Range: $30-40/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.