Research Associate II - Histotechnologist
1 DNA Way Mailstop 258A South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
- This individual will work in the Histology Laboratory within the Pathology Labs Department, performing a variety of histological techniques (accessioning, trimming/grossing, decalcification if needed, tissue processing, embedding of blocks into paraffin, sectioning of paraffin-embedded blocks and H&E staining), bagging residual tissues for archiving, filing slides and paraffin blocks and database entries.
- Other lab duties include equipment maintenance (H&E stainer set-up and tissue processor reagent change) and ordering supplies and reagents. We need an individual who understands the importance of accuracy in our work.Skills:
- At least one year of experience working in a histology lab, especially with paraffin sectioning.
- Other histological skills such as grossing, tissue processing, embedding, and staining are required.
- Willingness to work with fixed veterinary tissues.
- Good computer skills and a working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs.
- Certification as a Histotechnician, HT (ASCP) or Histotechnologist, HTL (ASCP) is desired but not required.
- Education: AA or BA/BS or equivalent experience
Pay Rate Range: $40-50/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.