Research Associate II - Pharmacology
280 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We seek a highly motivated Contract Research Associate to support our pharmacology effort for muscle biology programs. This individual will conduct and manage in vivo experiments related to the efficacy of novel small molecule compounds in the area of cardiac and skeletal muscle diseases. This individual will be involved in managing animal colony cohorts for in vivo studies and conduct experiments to measure biomarkers of disease progression and compound efficacy. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will work closely with team members to identify, characterize and advance compounds through preclinical research and development.
- This position requires a BS/MS in biology, physiology, pharmacology or related field with 3-5 years of relevant research experience
- Prior experience with basic rodent handling and dosing is required
- Experience in small animal surgery and measures of cardiac or skeletal muscle function is desired.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques
- Basic data management and presentation skills
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment is a plus
- Team oriented, dependable, independent self starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
Our passion is anchored in robust scientific thinking, grounded in integrity and critical thinking. We keep the patient front and center in all we do – all actions and decisions are in service of the patient and their caregivers. We champion integrity, ethics, doing the right thing, and being our best selves.
Pay Rate Range: $40-60/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.