Research Associate II
791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901 US
The mission of the Biology Research group is to conduct preclinical research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs.
The Research Associate 2 will partner closely with a team of scientists to provide technical assistance and support. He/She will primarily be responsible for a variety of assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Receive, organize and manage tissue samples.
- Tissue processing such as DNA/RNA extraction.
- Conduct biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Perform molecular assays such as qPCR and ddPCR.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist with lab organization as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics with at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in DNA/RNA purification, PCR, ELISA, and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.