Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
iPSC for Advanced Cell Model Engineering
The Advanced Cell Engineering (ACE) Hub within our Molecular Biology Department is seeking an enthusiastic Contractor to assist in the production of genetically-modified disease models using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, generating, and optimizing engineered iPSC models, along with executing proper quality control measures on these modified lines. The candidate will also support the needs of the ACE Hub through the following responsibilities:
- Tissue culture (specifically stem cell culture) - passaging and banking of cells, transfection, single cell cloning, and genotyping
- Tissue culture room and lab maintenance
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) and flow cytometry
- Registry and inventory management of banked cells using informatics platforms
A self-motivated candidate with a background in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Stem Cell Biology or a related discipline is required. Strongest consideration will be given to candidates demonstrating successful application of molecular and/or genetic techniques in cell-based systems.
Preferred expertise includes:
- Human iPSC culture, mammalian tissue culture, single cell cloning, transfection/nucleofection techniques, CRISPR/gene editing, PCR, DNA handling and extraction, and FACS/flow cytometry assay and analysis.
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment while multi-tasking is critical.
- The successful candidate will have extensive lab experience allowing them to work independently within a dynamic research environment, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A detail-oriented candidate with a Bachelors or Masters degree in a biology-related field with hands-on laboratory experience
Pay Rate Range: $30-$45/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.