Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We seek an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Development and Quality Control efforts in Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsibilities include designing and performing high-throughput screening (HTS) for salt/crystallinity/polymorph screening, solid state characterization, solubility determinations, process chemistry and formulation optimization and other analytical research studies supporting early-phase drug development.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, collaboration with our subject matter experts, creative problem-solving, Design of Experiments, and use of state-of-the-art technology including robotic laboratory systems, XRPD, microscopy, ultra-high-pressure LC, mass spectrometry, chiral separations, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and other analytical instruments.
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry or chemical engineering preferred) with 2 - 5 years experience in small molecule drug discovery within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of analytical and/or organic chemistry.
- Some backgrounds in lab automation, chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting), knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization or drug discovery are desirable.
- Candidates should have good problem solving / communication skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.