Research Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Position Description and Responsibilities:
U.S. Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTDU) develops and supports manufacturing processes, formulations, delivery devices, analytical methods, and packaging solutions to meet the end-to-end (discovery to commercialization) development needs of our protein pharmaceutical pipeline. Through innovation, efficiency, and collaboration we enable the delivery of novel medicines that meet the critical needs of patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the department of Protein Analytical Chemistry (PAC) (within PTDU) as a Technical Development Research Assistant/Associate. A successful candidate will be expected to work hands-on in the laboratory to generate analytical data in support of the pipeline projects. This will include analytical characterization and testing as well as development and execution of analytical methods. The candidate may also collaborate with cross functional colleagues and contribute to manufacturing process development and clinical trial and commercialization-enabling regulatory filings (e.g. BLAs and INDs). This candidate is expected to be a good lab citizen, following all environmental health and safety guidelines and maintaining lab space and instruments in good working order. The individual will maintain excellent documentation of all work, including electronic laboratory notebooks, and will author technical reports. Additionally, the individual may present experimental results to technical development teams, the PAC department, and other stakeholders on a regular basis. Candidates applying should be passionate about science, exceptionally productive, data-driven and should enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem-solving. Candidates must be highly self- motivated and willing to work independently or as a part of multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of Genentechs protein pharmaceutical pipeline.
- A BS or MS in biological or chemical sciences, or related disciplines with 1 - 4 years of relevant experience in analytical development of biologics
- Strong technical and hands-on lab skills; ability to quickly acquire new technicalskills; experience working in research labs or industrial internships is highly desirable.
- Ability to follow and execute experimental protocols and test procedures as well as follow verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision to design and conduct experiments, as well as, interpret, document, and communicate results.
- Ability to work safely in the laboratory, following all environmental health and safety requirements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, highly self-motivated, eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting timelines.
- Strong collaborative skills and a passion for working in a multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Familiarity with various traditional analytical methods for protein characterization, such as CE, HPLC or mass spectrometry, is helpful. As needed, the candidate will be expected to learn new methods (based on provided training) and with time, become proficient in execution and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience with characterization of recombinant monoclonal antibodies or other protein therapeutics is helpful.
Pay Rate Range: $45-$59/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.