Research Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The cancer immunology department is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate to join a group of researchers evaluating novel immune based therapies for cancer. The successful candidate will work within project teams to advance research stage programs. The selected candidate will collaborate with in-vivo teams and hands-on work will involve study design, in-vivo work as well as ex-vivo immune-based assays.
- Qualified candidates will possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, listening skills required.
- Direct experience with animal models in required with proven skills in tissue processing and purification of immune cells for in-vitro cell culture.
- Experience with immunoassays preferred.
- The candidate must have a PhD in Immunology, cell biology, oncology or related science.
- Preferably 5 years of hands-on experience (not industry related OK).
- The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The top 3 soft skills are:
- Critical thinking
Pay Rate Range: $45-$54/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.