Research Associate IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The Cancer Immunology Department is seeking highly motivated Research Associate to join a team of investigators to study innate immune signaling and myeloid cells, particularly the innate sensing of RNA and DNA molecules. The ideal candidate will also have background in cellular immunology and vaccinology. This is a hands-on laboratory position that involves close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team including colleagues from bioinformatics, protein & nucleic acid chemistry, clinical sciences, and biomarkers.
- To independently design, implement and report in vitro and in vivo studies.
- To make independent and innovative intellectual contributions to advance the program.
- To interact and communicate with other groups as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team.
- The successful applicants will have a PhD in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Candidates must be familiar with immunological principles and techniques including primary cell isolation, cell culture and flow cytometry.
- A strong background in myeloid cell immunology, molecular biology, and innate sensing of nucleic acids is highly desired.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and creative problem-solving will be expected.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.