3215 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121 San Diego, CA 92121 US
Seeking a highly motivated and skilled research associate to join our Molecular & Cell Biology (MCB) group in San Diego. The successful candidate will support drug discovery by dissecting and processing human tissues to generate representative tissue samples and disease-relevant human cells for predictive in vitro assays. This position requires flexibility due to irregular tissue availability and diligence to process this precious resource. The successful candidate will be embedded within a team of passionate scientists, mentored by leading tissue dissection expert, and have an immediate impact on our drug discovery pipeline. Day to day duties will differ depending on tissue availability; activities beyond tissue dissections tissue sample inventory management.
· BS in Biomedical Sciences or related field with at least 1 year laboratory experience
· Experience in tissue dissection and isolation of primary cells
· Diligence and impeccable attention to detail
· Flexibility to process tissue when available
· Motivation to learn new techniques and support various areas of research as required
· A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
· Experience with patient sample handling and organization
· Experience with histological and/or cell biological technique
Hourly Pay Rate: $35-$45/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.