3005 1st Avenue Seattle, WA 98121 US
We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world.
This department focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them. OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Research Associate, Research opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate position is to support the advancement of our preclinical Universal Donor Cell programs in immuno-oncology. This role will directly support and work alongside a team focused on the in vitro engineering and characterization of natural killer cells and other immune cell types derived from human pluripotent stem cells.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support studies through routine cell culture work, including media preparation, culture of therapeutic cells, and maintenance of human cancer cell lines
- Regularly perform functional and cellular characterization experiments using standard methods including, flow cytometry, ELISA, and cytotoxicity assays
- Follow standard laboratory procedures and protocols
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all work performed, including use of electronic laboratory notebook
- Routinely interact and support a cross-functional team of scientists
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
- The Research Associate will be trained to have competency in laboratory environment specifically in aseptic techniques and cell culture.
- The Research Associate I will directly support pre-clinical research programs through hands-on contributions to the scientific work.
- This position reports to a Principal Research Associate.
- Works closely with other research associates and scientists
- BS degree with 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Solid working knowledge and practice of aseptic mammalian cell culture technique.
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and the ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with a passion to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think critically, with scientific attention to detail.
- Experience with in vitro culture and/or characterization of human immune cells
- Experience with flow cytometry
- Prior experience and/or proficiency with standard molecular biology techniques
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.