Research Associate Scientific II
25212 W IL Route 120 Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
Target Pay: 29-33/hr (varies on years of experience)
Job Description: To conduct chemical characterization/testing involves in the identification of polymeric materials and the identification and quantification of its chemical constituents used in medical devices:
- Identify and quantify the materials of construction of the medical device such as IV sets, IV containers, IV pumps, etc.
- Identify and quantify the chemical constituents in each material of construction
- Identify and quantify the chemical substances used in the medical devices manufacturing process, including processing aids and residues.
- Identify and quantify the release of chemical substances from the device
BS degree in chemistry, Chemical engineering, Material Science or equivalent work experiences. 2 or more years of chemical characterizations in polymers. Must know how to operate GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, TLC, ICP-MS, etc.
- Able to follow EP pharmacopeias (such as EP3.1.5, EP3.1.14, EP3.1.13, etc) or Baxter procedures (e.g Elemental impurities quantification per ICP-MS)
- Able to follow and comply to Good documentation practice
- Able to write protocol, conduct test, analyze result and write report.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.