Research Scientist, In-vitro Pharmacology
3215 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121 San Diego, CA 92121 US
Exciting opportunity for a Temporary Research Scientist to join the in-vitro pharmacology group within the Pharmacology Department. We are seeking a motivated, scientist with hands-on experience in assay execution and development. The successful candidate will be looking to apply their assay execution and development expertise in a drug discovery setting and demonstrate a strong desire to collaborate within a multidisciplinary drug discovery team.
· Cell culture and transfections.
· Cell characterization by Western blot and qPCR.
· Run biochemical assays for second messengers.
· Fluorescence based imaging.
· Perform assay development and troubleshooting to support on-going drug discovery projects.
· Analyze and interpret data and effectively document and communicate results.
· Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Experience in the design, execution, and interpretation of cell based in-vitro assays.
· Experience with basic Molecular biology techniques such cell transfections and qPCR.
· Fluorescence based imaging experience.
· Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Physiology, Pharmacology, or a related field with 1-3 years of relevant post-doctoral experience.
· Masters in Physiology, Pharmacology, or a related field with at least 2 years relevant experience.
· Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
· Strong desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families, and society
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.