Research Scientist (Scientist, Compound Management, Leads Discovery and Optimization)
700 Bay Road Redwood City, CA 94063 US
Leads Discovery and Optimization (LDO) is a dynamic organization that supports the entire continuum of drug discovery from lead identification to clinical candidate delivery at Bristol Myers Squibb (Client). LDO leverages state of the art technologies, complemented by deep subject matter expertise and broad scientific knowledge, to deliver innovative and comprehensive preclinical in vitro datasets to support our drug discovery pipeline in disease areas such as oncology, immunology, fibrosis, cardiovascular diseases, and cell therapy.
We are seeking for a Scientist to join the Compound Management (CM) group within LDO to support our Redwood City lab. The CM group stores and secures the Client small molecule compound collection and maintains sample integrity while efficiently distributing compounds on demand to Client and external research sites for testing in high-throughput screening and profiling assays. Sample handling and plating automation is integrated with compound ordering and inventory management software.
- Fulfill sample requests in dry and solution formats
- Utilize LIMS to conduct queries and other compound database requests
- Operate automated stores and liquid handling systems including Tecan EVO, Fluent, and HighRes Biosolution Prime, Echo.
- Support high-throughput screening and lead profiling efforts
- Operate laboratory robotics to create compound plates in multiple formats
- Coordinate with vendors for instrument troubleshooting and routine maintenance
- Manage sample receiving and shipments across sites
- Manage and troubleshoot issues with internal compound ordering and other CM software
- Assist users with requesting compounds and direct users to the proper location or resources to request compounds
- Collaborate with other CM labs across sites to coordinate compound delivery and logistic
- Adhere to EHS standards for laboratory safety, including proper use of personal protective equipment and proper operation of safety enclosures and other equipment
- Bachelor degree with 5+ years of academic or industry experience Or
- Master degree with 2+ years of academic or industry experience
- BS in chemistry, biological science, or equivalent field with 5-7 years of experience working within Compound Management or related field
- Demonstrated record of competency working in a chemistry or biology laboratory, high throughput screening or compound management
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to be flexible to help support various needs of Client teams
- Familiarity with chemical or biological information systems, database querying and or data analysis preferred
- Familiarity with Titian Mosaic is a plus
- Familiarity with Tecan EVO/Fluent or HighRes BioSolution Prime
- Familiarity with Echo acoustic dispenser
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.