Research Scientist - Human Assay
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
Pay Rate Range: $45-$50/hr
Temporary Scientist I
Human Assay Technologies
Seeking to hire a Temporary Research Scientist with experience in establishing and maintaining induce pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and iPSC-based disease models. The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, have outstanding technical and communication skills, and be capable of working independently on the design and execution of experiments.?Above all, we are seeking a motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for stem cell biology and disease modeling who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment.
A strong candidate must be able to:
· Carry out complex laboratory work related to stem cell biology and disease modeling for the maintenance and differentiation of human iPSC-derived cultures using aseptic culture techniques.
· Implement methods to query gene and protein expression by immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, qRT-PCR, and/or Western Blotting.
· Accurately and reliably execute protocols for cell model and assay development.
· Maintain accurate and reliable records, including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.?
· Ph.D. with 0–3 years, M.S. with 2–4 years, or a B.S. with 6+ years experience with primary cell/iPSC culture and disease modeling. Industry experience is a significant plus.
· Must have rigorous attention to detail and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.?
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.