Research Scientist I
11460 Johns Creek Pkwy Peachtree Corners, GA 30097 US
The Associate Scientist is responsible for research and development of new contact lens materials, packaging salines, and contact lens care products.
- Performs polymer formulation, characterization and process in a research laboratory environment.
- Demonstrates understanding in both, materials technology and lens production process, to insure compatibility between material and process. Identifies and optimizes novel materials for their use in lens, saline, and lens care product formulations.
- Demonstrates understanding of structure and property relationship in polymers, specifically the relationship between molecular architecture and morphology and bulk properties. Identifies and executes appropriate testing methodologies to evaluate potential new contact lenses, lens sur-faces, package saline and lens care products
- Documents experimental results details on all planned and completed experiments including raw materials, experimental plans and procedures, results, data analyses and conclusions in appropriate formats (laboratory notebook, memo and/or report) and communicate effectively to project teams. Files all new material concepts through invention disclosures and support patent filings as required to protect intellectual property.
- Handles, uses, stores and disposes all lab used chemicals as outlined in MSDS, SOP and other company prescribed, state and federal guidelines. Also, complies with all company established Health, Safety and Environment operational requirements. Uses relevant statistical techniques and methods to plan and execute experiments and to analyze experimental data.
Actively monitors patent and scientific literature for significant technical developments relevant to CL and CLC products.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Rigorous application of the scientific method to strategic research targets Timely achievement and effective communication of results and conclusions Effective collaboration and leadership with team members Compliance with all regulatory, quality, and safety requirements, including good documentation practices.
- Education: Bachelors degree or higher in a scientific discipline with adequate experience (MS with 0-2 yrs; BS with 0-4 yrs). Languages: Fluency in English required. Experience:
Background in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical engineering, process engineering
- Formulation and process experience with hydrogel and contact lens care are desired
- Must be able to write reports and communicate well to internal customers.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.