10300 Campus Pointe Drive San Diego, CA 92121 US
Target Pay Rate: 40-53.57/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
At client, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center (TRC) at client is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering therapeutics to cancer patients, integrating early discovery research through translational and early clinical development. Our modality focuses on numerous aspects of protein homeostasis including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, protein translation, and RNA processing and stability allowing the group to capitalize on the cutting edge science that underpins the action of the companys most advanced drugs. Pioneering research around these modalities creates a very dynamic, exciting and creative environment that exploits excellent science in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology and translational development.
The Discovery Biology Department within the Oncogenesis (TRC) focuses on delivering novel cancer therapeutics by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation. We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist with strong background in tumor biology and understanding of the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) to participate in the discovery of novel targeted protein degradation drugs for hematology and solid tumor oncology projects. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to 1) explore disease biology enabling identification of novel drug targets; 2) develop and implement robust cellular assays to support discovery of small molecules as clinical development candidates; 3) design and execute research strategies that further our understanding of the mechanisms of novel compounds and targets; and 4) support for lab operations that will include assistance in maintaining the liquid nitrogen cell database and site compliance. Responsibilities include utilizing disease models to design target validation studies and relevant assays in support of SAR, mechanism of action, mechanisms of resistance, biomarker selection, and disease positioning. The successful candidate will work within discovery project teams and with scientists across different functional areas and be expected to present her or his work at project team meetings and to research leadership.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently to design, execute, analyze, interpret and troubleshoot scientific experiments in molecular and cell biology, cellular biochemistry and assay development.
- Contribute to computational analyses that leverage internal, public and partner datasets and empower data-driven decisions for new target prioritization and validation.
- Accurately maintain written reports and present results in an organized and timely manner to research leadership.
- Communicate effectively with peers and supervisors, foster teamwork and contribute to collaborative efforts.
- Strong commitment to quality and demonstrate adaptability.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and analyzing compound effect using multiple platforms (multi-parameter flow cytometry, IncuCyte, Western blot, ELISA/MSD, and functional assays such as cytotoxicity, cell cycle and apoptosis) in the context of drug discovery is required.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture using primary, single and/or co-culture cell models, including genetic manipulation techniques such as CRISPR RNP nucleofection and/or lentiviral transduction. Experience with 3D/organoid solid tumor models is a plus.
- Experience with HTS screening and the use of automation instruments is desired.
- Flexibility and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with the research program needs.
- Proficiency in scientific and data analysis programs including FlowJo, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude and independently collaborate across teams, requiring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills.
Ph.D. level in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology or equivalent field with 0-3 years of experience, or M.S. degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience or BSc with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry developing and optimizing cell-based assays. The position level will be dependent on experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.