Research Technician II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Please note: start date is flexible.
The Regev lab is seeking a highly talented and passionate Research Technician II for a cutting-edge project in single-cell and spatial biology. The successful candidate will be embedded in the lab, and implement advanced genetic screening experiments in single-cell and spatial biology. They will collect large-scale, quantitative perturbation data to facilitate the development and application of computational algorithms, and decipher complex cellular circuits. An important part of the role will consist in communicating results, and iterating on experimental design with members of the Regev Lab. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and concepts in both experimental and computational biology.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a Bachelor's or Masters degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or related field
- Be well-versed in designing and executing cell and molecular biology experiments, interpreting data, and making figures
- Have experience with molecular biology techniques and mammalian tissue culture
- Particular experience in one or more of viral vector technology, single-cell RNA-seq, CRISPR-based genome editing and programming skills are preferred, but not required
- Be self-motivated, analytical, highly organized, and have great communication and interpersonal skills
- Contribute to lab organization and technology development
- Demonstrate a passion for science and eagerness to learn
The successful candidate may expect from us:
- An opportunity to gain expertise in state-of-the-art technologies and pioneering research
- Strong exposure in the field of pooled genetic screenings
- Participation in seminar series featuring academic and industry scientists
- Mentoring to further develop professional skills and career
- Campus-like lifestyle with a healthy work-life balance
Target Pay Rate Range: $25-$35/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.