SAS Programmer Clinical Programming
4745 Wiley Post Way Salt Lake City, UT 84116 US
Target Pay Rate: 50-66.66/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Contract Senior SAS Programmer is responsible to provide high level skills of clinical programming support of clinical projects and regulatory submissions. The Senior SAS Programmer is playing a lead role generating and validating study and/or analysis datasets, tables, listings and figures. The Senior SAS programmer participates in the development of global data standards, SDTM, ADaM and client's database structure . The Senior SAS programmer is responsible for providing professional expertise and leadership through leading departmental tasks and taking initiatives in improving clinical programming processes with focus on SAS Programming.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and validate SAS programs of datasets.
- Develop and validate SAS programs that create accurate data displays and outputs.
- Develop and validate SAS programs for integrated datasets from various studies/projects.
- Incorporate data in formats other than SAS into SAS datasets.
- Providing strong programming support to CDISC based e-submission.
- Supports Phase I, II, III and IV clinical studies.
- Support requests related to Pre-Clinical, Medical Affairs and publications.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Responsible for data submission and eCRT preperation according to regulatory guidlines.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure timely, efficient and high quality deliverables in all projects
- Lead/co-lead clinical programming for a study or for a regulatory submission.
- Develop, review, document and perform validation of generic SAS macros.
- Initiate and lead new processes, new methodologies and operational ideas and re-challenge existing ones to improve the services provided, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervise and support outsourcing activities.
- Miscellaneous activities directed by Management.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Science, Statistics, Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- More than 5 years of professional experience in a pharmaceutical or clinical research setting as a programmer.
- Experience in SDTM and ADaM as applicable, acquainted with CDISC guidelines and requirements.
- Understanding of clinical data and pharmaceutical development.
- Knowledge of standard Windows programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- In-depth SAS Programming knowledge. Experience with R-Shiny programming is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a global environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence others without direct reporting relationships.
- Professional accuracy and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitasking.
- Innovation driven and open for a change.
**CO/NY candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.