Sales Training Manager
4000 MacArthur Blvd Suite 1025-East Tower Newport Beach, CA 92660 US
As the Sales Training Manager, you will be responsible for designing, developing and executing the global education and training program for field team personnel. It is a hands-on, high impact role with the opportunity to directly shape how the revolutionary technology is positioned and adopted in the marketplace. If you have the entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The Sales Training Manager will report to the company’s Head of Global Marketing.
- Quickly learn company’s strategy, product and scope of its global commercialization and
- Assess current educational gaps among field team members and new users in commercial sites through firsthand exposure.
- Design, develop and execute a comprehensive internal education program to address those gaps with cutting-edge virtual and in-person training offerings.
- Collaborate closely with Global Upstream and Downstream Marketing, Medical Affairs and Sales to prepare training and education programs, including content development.
- Utilize advanced facilitation and presentation skills, with emphasis on adult learning principles and interactive learning.
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan for field personnel onboarding, basic and advanced training programs to drive product, procedure and selling expertise. Work closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure that effective messaging is built into product and procedural training.
- Manage hospital credentialing process supporting field and in-house team with documentation and courses needed to maintain access to hospitals.
- Develop and maintain an official credentialing checklist in order to get signed off as independent (ability to perform commercial cases without direct oversight by other personnel).
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to develop and deliver continuing education opportunities. This includes engaging with physician faculty, Physician Trainers, and other key cross-functional teams to develop a robust case and resource library for field education and customer training.
- Serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to the field team and internal colleagues by providing ongoing product and disease state education.
- In collaboration with internal or external Meeting Planner, assist with planning and coordination of various training meetings for new hires and ongoing education.
- Work closely with Global Upstream and Downstream Marketing to understand the impact of new product introductions on training plans and needs.
- Manage the process and execution of training and assessing readiness of new employees, including the independence sign-off.
- Collaborate with sales trainers in other global regions for content consistency and alignment on tactics and execution.
- As needed, participate in training programs and events globally.
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience in a clinical training, healthcare marketing or sales/clinical support
- Experience working in sales training preferred
- Experience in the healthcare field preferred
- Ability to analyze and translate data into actionable insights to support decision making
- Strategic, forward-looking thinker with strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with a strict attention to detail
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Up to 30% travel, sometimes over the weekend
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.