Scientific Associate - Biology
400 Technology Square Cambridge, MA 02139 US
Your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work on cross disciplinary team and with external collaborators to build a strong collection of clinically relevant cancer cell models from patient-derived xenografts to allow for expansion of drug discovery efforts across a range of modalities.
- Design, optimize and troubleshoot methods to allow for robust characterization and profiling of novel cellular models.
- Document, analyze, and interpret experiments, and present results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Assist in data assembly for communication and distribution across department.
What You Will Bring To The Role:
- BA/BS or MS in Molecular/Cell biology, Genetics, or a related field with 3+(BA/BS) or 1+ (MS) year(s) of relevant laboratory research experience through employment, internships or co-operative study programs
- Required: Direct experience with mammalian cell culture, transfection, transduction (e.g. lentiviral) methods. Experience with a wide range of basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, plasmid assembly, western blotting etc.).
- Plus: Experience with 3D organoid culturing methods and immunofluorescence assays
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in a clear manner and use data to generate new hypotheses.
- Curiosity to expand existing skill sets.
- An excellent team-player with strong communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with others.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.