Scientific Communications Specialist II (REMOTE)
121 Seaport Boulevard, CL37 Boston, MA 02210 US
- Work with US Medial Affairs Leadership and TA Head to define the TA Strategic Communication Plan
- Track and report key milestone metrics and KPIs to the Strategic Communication Plan
- Work with TA leadership team to develop the TA Scientific Platform and translate into impactful tactics
- Work with TA Head, Medical Directors, Global Medical Training and other leadership to develop a training strategy and content development
- Work with TA Leadership Team to identify knowledge gaps in a systematic way (i.e., Annual unmet needs workshop)
- Maintain Scientific Material database and establish a routine approach for keeping materials current (including MSL decks and training decks).
- Develop Monitoring cycle of the material data base for expirations and update materials in a timely manner
- Maintain inventory of all materials in alignment with global inventories to avoid duplicative materials and reviews
- Manage vendor to upload all materials to review tool and ensure citations are complete
- Own review process with Medical Review Committee and prioritization of materials (escalating as needed)and act as proponent for all materials
- Define and Maintain training roadmap for field team in alignment with Global Training and HR (process should include leadership soft skills)
- Develop new learning approaches to current business needs, including interactive, distance and virtual learning
- Point of contact for legal and regulatory on review process/SOP changes and communication/training of those changes to the team
- Onboard all new US Medical Affairs employees on Scientific content within the Therapeutic Area
- Vendor management of slide deck creation when needed
- MSL training and distribution plan for new Med Info materials
- Develop Launch readiness training plan
- Maintain MSL new hire mentorship program and monitor for success
- Participates in MSL candidate presentations
- Annual Kickoff Forum(AKF) planning and alignment with TA Leads and Global TA Leads on training requests for MSLs
- Work with Corporate Communications and Global Medical Information to ensure the availability of a current corporate deck including a current pipeline slide
- Align with Global US Medical Affairs on national and international congress coverage
- Provide strategic congress coverage plan for all USMA employees and senior leadership in conjunction with TA leadership, Medical Directors and MSLs
The US Medical Communications Lead will work the with the US Medical Affairs and Therapeutic Area Leadership Teams to establish a sound Strategic Communication plan across all internal and external US Medical Affairs Channels. This will include but is not limited to Congresses, Internal training and field materials in the Therapeutic Area of Hematology and nephrology. This role will also interface with individuals at all levels across various functions to ensure that the Therapeutic Area Scientific Platform meets internal and external needs and is structured to help deliver on US Medical Affairs Strategies.
The US Medical Communications Lead will have additional responsibilities that support both the department’s vision and purpose. Including alignment with Global training strategy, creating, delivering and coordinating new hire onboarding training with advanced training, and ongoing skills training. This role will serve as a leader and facilitator for training provided at live and virtual meetings, as well as converting existing content into digital formats. Responsibilities will also include congress coverage. This role will also serve as Key member on Launch teams. This position will be the point of contact within the Therapeutic Area for the Medical Review Committee and will have full ownership and oversight of the end to end review process.
- 3+ years relevant pharma/biotech industry experience
- Training or Teaching-Related Experience, including experience with distance learning preferred
- Experience in Neurology is strongly preferred.
- Previous MSL experience preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional facilitation skills, and the ability to stand and deliver training as well as coordinate outside resources
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience writing assessment questions preferred
- Approximately 30% travel required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.