Scientific Researcher In Cancer Immunology
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
- The Cancer Immunology department is seeking a highly-motivated Scientific Researcher to join a group of researchers evaluating novel immune based therapies for cancer.
- The successful candidate will work within project teams to advance pipeline research programs.
- The selected candidate will collaborate with in-vivo teams and hands-on work will involve experimental design, ex-vivo immune-based assays as well as in-vivo preclinical work.
- A background in immunology, preferentially in myeloid cells biology, will be required.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, listening skills required.
- Expertise with immunoassays (FACS, ELISA, Luminex) and cell culture technics will be required.
- Expertise with animal models with skills in tissue processing and purification of immune cells for ex-vivo analysis.
- Candidates with a PhD in Immunology, cell biology or oncology would be preferred.
- Preferably 5+ years of hands-on related experience in academia.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.