1407 George Road Ashland, OH 44805 US
Responsible for preparation of test materials and dietary admixtures for dose administration, as well as, inventory and final disposition of test materials. Pay Rate - $19 - $20/hr depending on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and review relevant sections in study protocols and amendments, and follow directions therein.
- Assist in setting up calculation/verification data prior to study initiation.
- Verify preparation of test materials prior to dose administration.
- Prepare test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Review documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Collect analytical samples and ship to outside testing facility.
- Return test article/substance(s) from completed studies to sponsor.
- Calculate basic mathematical calculations related to sample preparations (stock standards, serial dilutions).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in chemistry/pharmacy or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in pharmacy.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: A mathematical aptitude required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to talk, hear; use hands to handle tools or controls; lift; work/type at a computer; record data by hand or at a computer terminal; and walk and/or stand for up to 75% of the workday.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly wears protective clothing (scrubs, lab coats, safety glasses, and gloves), works with sharp objects (e.g., needles), and regularly works with known and unknown toxins and chemicals.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to wear a dust mask or a protective full-face respirator.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.