Scientist, Formulation Development
1455 Adams Drive, Suite 1120 Menlo Park, CA 94025 US
The incumbent will be responsible for development and optimization of formulation for lipid nanoparticle / RNA-based product candidates for preclinical and clinical development. In this role the candidate will work with cross-functional product development team including process development and analytical development to develop formulations with a good safety profile and high potency in vitro and in vivo.
HERE’ S SOME OF WHAT YOU’ LL DO
- Identify, prepare and analyze novel formulations to support product development.
- Design experiments to conduct science-based formulation optimization.
- Evaluate the effect of each formulation component on potency, safety, stability and aerosolization.
- Summarize results, prepare development reports, and present data to product development team.
- Partner closely with colleagues conducting formulation evaluations, PK/PD, and in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Provide formulations expertise and insights to various interdisciplinary teams.
- Perform formulation transfer to process development teams and provide troubleshooting when needed
HERE’ S WHAT YOU’ LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimally a Ph.D. in chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with at least one year of successful laboratory experience in lipid nanoparticles or other lipid-based drug delivery systems. Comparatively, a candidate possessing an MS in chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 6+ years of directly relevant experience will be considered.
- Strong foundation in chemistry, nanotechnologies for formulation design, nucleic acid therapeutics, and general pharmaceutical product research is required.
- Understanding of the in-vitro and in-vivo experiments used for screening for candidate formulation required.
- Experience with process development of complex mixtures a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-paced scientific environment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.