Scientist - I (Assistant) - CA Only
213 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Target Pay Rate: 20-25.30/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
- Design, perform, troubleshoot, document, analyze and interpret assigned research, with minimal supervision, to support exploratory activities as well as project focused goals.
- Effectively communicate data and findings to broad project teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with 1 or more years of relevant experience, in chemical biology, molecular and cellular biology, pharmacology, biology, or other relevant scientific discipline. Graduation by June 2023 will be eligible.
• Familiar with routine immunoassays (bead or plate based) • Familiar with standard molecular biology techniques (western blotting, qPCR, etc…).
• Industry experience is preferable but not required.
• Experience working with human as well as pre-clinical tissues, primary cells, or cell lines.
• Experience with flow cytometry or immunohistochemistry.
Software skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
Personality that would fit in this role:
• Works independently and can simultaneously handle a diverse workload with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Effective communicator, having people skills and being able to work as a team player and working effectively in a matrixed environment.
Note: This is onsite lab-based role for 1 year with possibility of extension. Positions: 1
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.