Scientist - I (Assistant) - MA Only
33 Avenue Louis Pasteur Boston, MA 02115 US
This individual will perform a wide variety of lab tasks and experiments. The main focus will be on preparation, fill and finish of buffers and media for upstream and downstream processes under ISO and GLP requirements.
- Perform solvents, buffer prep and media prep operations
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and accuracy
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- Aseptic technique in upstream or downstream operations
- Completion of documentation according to approved procedures
- Pack and label finished goods and transfer to inventory staging area
- Process sampling
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies
- Manage and track inventory of reagents and consumable supplies as necessary
- Ensure all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile and in proper working order
- Autoclave glassware
- Assists with lab moves and expansion/optimization of working areas.
- Ensure biohazard containers are properly closed and placed correctly for pick-up.
- Other laboratory managing duties as assigned or identified
• Education: BS/BA degree is preferred (preferably in a laboratory science field); Associate degree and high school diploma is acceptable.
• Minimum Experience: 1+year with Bachelor's Or Associate with 3years experience OR High School Diploma with 5-7years experience.
• Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
• Ability to understand and follow SOPs, use balance and pH meter as well as perform simple calculations, including concentration, %, molarity, etc.
• Should be able to use Pipette.
• Basic knowledge of GLP principles and standards.
• Strong communication, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must be flexible, forward-thinking, and motivated.
• Must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Software: Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency with Word and Excel.
Pay Range: 20-27/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.