Scientist - II (Associate) - MA Only
33 Avenue Louis Pasteur Boston, MA 02115 US
• Assist in developing, executing, and troubleshooting new cell-based assays, protocols, and analysis methods.
• Design and execute experiments, interpret data, and communicate results and findings clearly and concisely to teams and stakeholders
• Support the isolation/characterization of tissues, whole blood, PBMCs and iPSC-derived cell populations using immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, RNA-seq and other molecular biology techniques.
• Collaborate across functional areas
• BS degree in molecular and cell biology or related disciplines such as immunology or biological engineering with 1-2+ years of wet lab experience in academia or industry.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience with genomic technologies in human cellular systems including RNAi and CRISPR
• Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture using sterile techniques.
• Experience with bulk RNA-seq or single cell sequencing library preparation
• Demonstrated ability to perform accurate data analysis and carefully maintain a notebook record of lab activities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of lab reports and presentations. Strong attention to detail.
• This position requires 90% of time in the lab.
Pay Range: 20-30/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
?CO and NYC candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.