Scientist - II (Associate)
35500 W 91st St De Soto, KS 66018 US
- Assists in the maintenance of the reference management program for US biologics sites.
- Maintains compliance according to USDA guidelines and requirements for reference standards and in vitro potency tests.
- Conducts in vitro testing for stability of reference standards of pre- and post-licensure products.
- Prepares and tests small-scale vaccines to support formulation of new reference standards.
- Supports the formulation, dispense and testing of new reference standards as part of the reference qualification process.
- Participates and collaborates in cross-functional teams with colleagues from R&D, Biotechnology Solutions-Analytics, Production, Quality Control, and Regulatory Affairs to support qualification of new reference standards.
- May assist in the preparation of protocols or reports for submission to USDA.
- May participate in critical reagent qualification studies.
- May provide technical support for approved Quality Control assays.
- May support local, regional, and global program initiatives.
• Majority is testing - formulations of vaccine under manager's supervision.
• Documentation work
• Needs to follow good laboratory practices.
• No working with live animals
Must have skills:
• Lab experience in either Academic or industry
• Scientific experiments-In-vitro tests mainly ELISA
• Analytical tests within R&D and quality control environment
• USD experience is good to have but not required.
• Chemist background is not a right fit for the job.
Qualifications: Education Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in a relevant biological area (Bacteriology, Biology, Microbiology, Virology). Required Experience and Skills • 1-3 years laboratory experience, preferably in Animal Health • Detail-oriented with good documentation skills • Ability to conduct scientific experiments, interpret results, and communicate with relevant team members and stakeholders. • Effective written and oral communication • Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Preferred Experience and Skills • Ability to independently design scientific experiments. • Experience working in an R&D or Quality Control laboratory. • Experience developing, working with, and troubleshooting in vitro analytical tests. • Knowledgeable of USDA regulations for biological products
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.