Scientist - III (Senior) - MA Only
4 Bent Street East Cambridge, MA 02141 US
• MS/BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on lab-based experience in mammalian cell culture, 96-well plate assays, Western Blotting and protein biochemistry is required.
• The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in mammalian cell culture (at least 2 years of experience) to support: 1) culturing of diverse primary and cancer cell lines using different labware (from multi-layer flasks to 96-well plates); 2) Western Blot assays; 3) protein extraction and quantification from cell lines and tissues.
• Hands-on experience adapting, optimizing and/or developing multi-well assays (including compound treatment of cells in a 96-well format), prior experience with liquid handlers, sub-cellular fractionation and tissue homogenization protocols are preferred.
• Familiarity with chemical labeling techniques and mass spectrometry sample preparation workflows such as in-solution digestion and HPLC-based fractionation is highly desirable.
• The ideal candidate should be have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate closely with scientists within the team to adapt and optimize workflows.
• The candidate is expected to work well in a team environment and contribute to the team deliverables with strong problem-solving skills, laboratory skills and exquisite attention to experimental details and record keeping.
Pay Range: 38-48/hr
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.