5200 Illumina Way San Diego, CA 92122 US
We are looking for a contract Scientist 1 to join the assay development team within Client Product Development. This person will be contributing to new technologies and workflows for Client customers as part of a collaborative team. This is a hands-on position where you will primarily be responsible for the design execution and analysis of experiments to support assay development and optimization.
- Design and execute experiments under general direction Understand and troubleshoot assays Analyze and characterize experimental results by key assay performance metrics to inform next steps Organize and present experimental data clearly and concisely using JMP or R Maintain excellent documentation of experimental details that can be tracked and shared with the broader team Optimize reagent formulations enzymatic reactions and workflows
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Execute inventory control of reagents chemicals and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems. Assess information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results Help write experimental protocols summaries and reports
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
- Listed responsibilities are an essential but not exhaustive list of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry Molecular Biology Chemistry Biology Bioengineering or related disciplines 1-2 years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience Understanding and previous experience in biochemistry molecular biology and/or enzymology Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based techniques assays and protocols with sound laboratory skills Ability to work in fast-paced environment while maintaining high attention to detail
- High level of collaborative ability. Detail-oriented able to implement protocols and keep good laboratory notes Strong interpersonal skills capable of working within a team to support a positive work environment Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Additional experiences that are desired but not mandatory:
- Experience with next generation sequencing NGS platforms and library prep protocols.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position however business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
29-37 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.