Scientist I, II or SR
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Target Pay Rate: 30-53/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
This position primarily involves wet-lab work. You will be expected to perform hands-on research activities at the bench for extended periods each day. Independently, or with supervisor's guidance, conduct research, design, plan, and execute innovative and well-controlled experiments with meticulous attention to detail. Ensure that activities align with the project's critical path and adapt to changing priorities as needed. Play an active role in troubleshooting efforts and propose solutions to optimize processes, overcome challenges, and enhance product performance, accuracy, and reliability. Prepare samples and run fully automated cobas X800 instrument for LOD, inclusivity, exclusivity assay test Maintain accurate, consistent, and timely records of experimental methods, materials, and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyze data, evaluate results, and plan next steps. Integrate previous and current results to determine the next experimental steps and their impact on long-term project goals. Present findings at group or departmental meetings and assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, and other relevant materials. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective project progression. Stay up-to-date with all training activities.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field with 3+ years of full time, hands-on molecular biology experience in an academic or industrial setting. Job title will be determined in accordance with applicants experience.
- Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learner, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science research.
- Applicants need to have strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, and able to multitask and work on different projects
- Applicants need to work effectively & independently, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize task, coordinate tasks with others, and meet the deadlines Hands-on experience performing complex multi-step experiments with detailed and diligent attention to planning, organization, hands-on technique, and record keeping.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques, which may include sample preparation, nucleic acid purification (RNA/DNA), molecular cloning, PCR and qPCR.
- Experience with growing and manipulating BSL-2 bacteria is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels within the department.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.