Scientist I (Analytical Science)
900 RIDGEBURY RD Ridgefield, CT 06877 US
Target PR Range: 28-36/hr
*Depending on experience
- Execute lab work at a high level for new therapeutic modalities (e.g., peptides, oligonucleotides, virus, antibodies, non-viral delivery systems, etc.).
- Lead in implementing experimental studies to build product and process knowledge.
- Initiates and completes routine laboratory procedures in an independent and efficient manner; Troubleshoots equipment and experiments effectively and solves scientific problems independently; Operates lab equipment and is responsible for maintenance.
- Designs and executes non-routine experiments with minimal supervision.
- Contributes to lab organization, reagent tracking and other tasks as determined appropriate
- Independently presents scientific findings in project team or Department meetings
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams/initiatives
- Independently writes protocols, SOPs, technical reports in accordance with company policies
- Independently applies basic scientific principles and technology. Performs literature searches and keeps abreast of relevant literature.
- Collects, treats and reports data with a high level of integrity and ethics. Effectively communicates work orally and in writing. Write protocols, procedures, and technical documents. Provide input to others for scientific reports.
- Understand appropriate regulations and legal requirements as well as client policies and procedures as relevant to areas of expertise; Apply knowledge to ensure safe and compliant practices, manage risk, and maximize opportunities for projects to succeed.
- Experience with wet chemistry preparation methods. Buffers, mobile phases, multi-component formulation preparation.
- Experience with traditional chromatography methods such as all modes of HPLC, Field Flow Fractionation (FFF/AF4), SEC, etc.
- Ability to plan and conduct laboratory experiments, evaluate, interpret and report technical data.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy analysis is a plus
- Experience with sub-micron particle sizing methodologies such as DLS or Flow Cam is a plus
- Experience with fluorescent labelling, microscopy and/or image analysis is a plus
- Experience with biophysical testing; DNA/RNA isolation, electrophoresis, PCR, etc. is a plus
Master’s Degree with 3+ years experience in a related field or Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years experience in a related field.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.