Scientist I/Associate Scientist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
A Scientist I/Associate Scientist (exact title commensurate with education/experience) is available in the Protein Analytical Chemistry Department (within the US Biologics Pharma Technical Development organization). The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring both mass spec software and instruments function properly to deliver high quality results to the pipeline.
- Bachelor or master degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field.
- Hands on experience with mass spectrometry and LC preferred, but not required.
- Can be a recent grad with undergrad lab experience.
- Quick learner, attention to detail, team player, with good communication skills
[Software related duties]
- Maintain mass spec software access by granting users access and upgrading software
- Ensure prompt data backup by working as the data backup SPOC between users and IT to ensure data integrity.
- Organize software training materials and maintain active communication with users
[Instrument related duties]
- Maintaining instruments by adhering to weekly and monthly routine maintenance procedures
- Communicating and escalating issues to stakeholders or the MS walkup core lead when appropriate
- Collaborating with the MS walkup core lead on improving and maintaining current walkup core practices in line with operational excellence
Target Pay Rate Range: $30-$48/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.