1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
A Scientist position is available in the Protein Analytical Chemistry Department (within the US Biologics Pharma Technical Development organization), in South San Francisco, CA. The selected candidate will be expected to work hands-on in the laboratory to generate analytical data in support of the pipeline and technical development projects. This will include analytical characterization and testing as well as development, troubleshooting and execution of analytical methods. The candidate may also collaborate with cross functional colleagues and contribute to manufacturing process development and clinical trial and commercialization-enabling regulatory filings. This candidate is expected to be a good lab citizen, following all environmental health and safety guidelines and maintaining lab space and instruments in good working order. The individual will maintain excellent documentation of all work, including electronic laboratory notebooks, and will author technical reports. Candidates applying should be passionate about science, exceptionally productive, data-driven and should enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem-solving. Candidates must be highly self- motivated and willing to work independently or as a part of multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of Genentechs protein pharmaceutical pipeline.
The candidate will maintain, operate, and troubleshoot LC-MS/MS instruments, automated liquid handlers, and related laboratory equipment used to prepare and analyze the protein samples. The candidate will be expected to learn new methods (based on provided training) and with time, become proficient in execution and troubleshooting.
- A BS or MS in biological or chemical sciences, or related disciplines with 0 to 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience with various traditional analytical methods for protein characterization, such as CE, HPLC or mass spectrometry is required
- Theoretical and practical understanding of protein chemistry, mass spectrometry and separation science is highly desirable.
- Experience with Protein Metrics Byos and/or other mass spectrometry software packages is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with characterization of recombinant monoclonal antibodies or other protein therapeutics
- Ability to keep accurate and timely documentation per departmental guidelines, timely document and communicate abnormal laboratory observations.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, attention to detail, well-organized, team player, with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Pay Rate Range: $40-50/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.