Scientist I/II, DMPK
561 Eccles Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Salary Range: 120-170K
- Seeking a talented individual to conduct evaluations of the ADME/PK properties of novel compounds.
- This Scientist position will have experience in DMPK (in vitro/in vivo) areas and is expected to work/solve problems independently
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform in vitro metabolism studies as required and participate in designing in vivo PK studies to support drug discovery
• Understand relationships between in vitro and in vivo ADME
• Identify metabolic hotspots in potential drug candidates
• Proficient in inter-species PK scaling approaches utilizing in vitro/in vivo data sets
• Ensure that the data generated and released are of high quality and present such data to discovery teams leading to decisions and project progressions
• Collect, analyze, summarize, upload to internal databases and report high quality data in a timely manner
• Identify, trouble-shoot and communicate on possible issues arising during data analysis
• Ability and willingness to mentor junior colleagues in ADME/PK techniques
• Have a good working knowledge of LC-MS/MS and allied analytical techniques to support in vitro studies
• Work with other project team members to facilitate identification of compounds with good DMPK properties. Teamwork is an essential component.
• PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field
• 1 – 5 years of experience in DMPK/ADME in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Scientific knowledge of DMPK/ADME. Specific interest/knowledge in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience developing and running in vitro and/in vivo DMPK assays/studies are essential.
- Proficiency in preclinical formulation techniques is a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.