900 RIDGEBURY RD Ridgefield, CT 06877 US
*Depending on experience Duties:
We are seeking a talented and experienced Scientist II who will conduct a diverse set of biophysical assays related to the potential development of protein biotherapeutics in a fast-paced research environment. This person will be primarily responsible for designing, executing, analyzing, and interpreting assays in a high-throughput environmen. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills; a quick learner who takes the initiative and manages workflows for several projects with enthusiasm and resourcefulness; an effective collaborator, working with different functional areas to enhance project knowledge.
- Perform stage appropriate biophysical activities, including screening of protein attributes on automated platforms, assessing solution behavior, stability, and forced degradation; interpret and present findings to other Biotherapeutics Discovery colleagues.
- Enhance data quality, consistency, and throughput with automation and analysis scripts.
- Develop novel analytical methodologies and evaluate new technologies to improve the overall pre-formulation strategy and enhance value.
- Contribute to broader research goals in areas related to biophysical chemistry aimed at developing a better understanding of therapeutic protein structure, stability, dynamics, and function.
- Provide biophysical characterization support for other scientists across Biotherapeutics Discovery; perform other tasks as assigned by manager in a timely manner.
- Work closely with counterparts from other functional areas to deliver on research milestones while adhering to broad project timelines.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, perform all work in a safe manner; maintain proper records in accordance with SOP’s and policies.
- Experience programming and running lab automation platforms (TECAN, Hamilton) is highly preferred.
- Extensive hands-on experience with chromatographic, spectroscopic, electrophoretic, calorimetric, or other advanced protein characterization techniques with several years of experience conducting biophysical techniques in the context of biotherapeutic discovery and/or development.
- Experience with scientific/engineering computing environments (Igor, MATLAB, Mathematica) and/or modern scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Java) for data analysis; experience in statistical and DOE software (JMP, R, Minitab, Statistica) is beneficial.
- Solid grasp of the physicochemical, kinetic, and thermodynamic principles underpinning protein structure, dynamics, and stability; biotherapeutic quality attributes, CMC requirements, and QbD principles.
- Creative problem solving with a high level of initiative; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Good record-keeping and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, presenting, and communicating skills.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3+) years of experience in related scientific discipline or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience in related field.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.