1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We have an opening for a talented Scientist 2 to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department within the Research and Early Development organization.
The successful candidate will support in vitro screening & functional characterization of biologics by participating in the development, validation and execution of high-throughput cell-based assays to support lead-finding/optimization efforts, as well as mechanistic characterization. In addition, the candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with other departments to advance therapies.
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with
- 2 years of lab experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Practical experience with culturing mammalian cell lines is required
- Ability to work independently to execute, and interpret experiments, and collaborate with project teams
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills
Additional desirable skills
- Cell-based functional assay experience, particularly imaging-based
- Experience with Flow cytometry, Luminex or xCELLigence
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation
Pay rate range: $45-55/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.