4300 Hacienda Dr South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
This is a lab-based position with 100% of the time required to be on-site in Pleasanton. The candidate must be able to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment. Background in molecular biology and experience in handling RNA samples is required. Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) RNA library preparation is highly desired.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works independently with general management direction, conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Performs nucleic acid extraction, NGS library preparation, and contributes to optimization of output for downstream processing, including next generation sequencing.
- Operates nucleic acid analysis instruments for quality and quantity assessments; this includes qPCR instruments, fluorimeters, Agilent Bioanalyzer and TapeStation.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials, and results in the laboratory notebooks
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to the set requirements
- Summarizes experimental results and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas
- Writes test protocols and implements and executes them to verify the assay performance
Educations and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on lab experience.
- Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts is required.
- Expertise/experience in NGS RNA sample/library preparation workflow and running Illumina sequencers is highly desirable
- Expertise/experience in any robotic liquid handling instruments such as Hamilton, Tecan, Agilent, etc. is desirable.
- Ability to reproducibly follow laboratory protocols (given the proper training)
- Ability to work in a GXP laboratory environment
- Comfortable with loading automated liquid handlers and common laboratory equipment (vortexer, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, fluorometers, etc.)
- Must have good written, and oral communication skills and comfortable with using Google and Microsoft office software suites
- Comfortable working in an office/laboratory setting (in person)
- Exhibits good time management practices
Pay Rate Range: $40-55/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.