Scientist II/Sr. Scientist
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
The contract Scientist 2/Senior Scientist will be a member of the Assay Development team in Pleasanton for the development of RUO and/or CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems. Thecontract duration is for approximately 7 months to 1 year, and may be extended for project needs, and the job level is dependent on the candidate’s qualifications. The successful candidate will help develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis. This position is ideal for individuals interested in assay/product development for NGS, involving a design control process.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The successful candidate must have a background in molecular biology and PCR. Must have experience with reagent and assay workflows related to molecular biology.
• It is highly preferred to have hands-on experience in designing, optimizing and validating PCR or NGS based products.
• The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
• This is a lab-based position, requiring the design and execution of experiments. Based on candidate’s experience, the position can also have areas of leading aspects of the project.
• Recommend innovative approaches and study plans based on experimental data. Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
• Optimize and troubleshoot assay workflows, in order to create and define the optimal performing assay product. Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
• Participation in Verification studies and documentation, such as Reproducibility, Stability, and Limit of Detection studies. Based on level of experience, will lead verification campaigns and author verification studies and reports.
• It is preferred to have experience under design control principals and regulations.
• Consistently record experimental methods and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
• Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Apply technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
• Strong laboratory proficiency. Must have strong scientific knowledge of the functional science of the techniques that they have worked on.
• Experience with Molecular Biology required. Thorough experience with PCR required, including optimizations.
• Knowledge of NGS based workflows including target enrichment, and library preparation is preferred.
• Experience in: assay design, optimization, verification, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation is preferred.
• Experience with diagnostics development is preferred.
• Degree in Molecular Biology, Biology/Life Sciences.
• Bachelor’s, with 2+ years experience
• Master’s, with 1+ years of industry experience.
• PhD, with 1+ years industry experience experience
• Not considering Chemistry or Physics degrees or candidates in the engineering field.
26-55 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.