North Chicago, IL 60064 US
Target PR Range: 43-57/hr
*Depending on experience
Genomic Research Center is seeking a highly motivated and skilled biologist in cell and molecular biology or immunology with a proven track record of research accomplishments. This individual will be a key contributor in supporting preclinical and clinical oncology programs. This lab-focused position will provide an exciting and dynamic opportunity to positively contribute to research programs that will further our understanding in the field of cancer targeting and treatment.
The Contractor will operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts within and outside of their scientific discipline.
• Leverage broad technical expertise in molecular biology to perform experiments and implement innovative assays/analyses to proactively advance research programs
• Function as a key collaborator and contributor in a matrixed team environment with the opportunity to lead key discovery research activities
• Establish strong interactions with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative and proficiency in troubleshooting experiments and performing data analysis
• Execute studies within agreed upon timelines to help achieve milestone decisions. Maintain thorough understanding of project goals and modify experimental plans accordingly.
• Critically analyze/interpret data, accurately document, and promptly communicate results.
• Prioritize and manage multiple research activities, utilizing a broad range of technical expertise and knowledge in cancer biology.
• Develop and deliver scientific reports in the form of oral presentation and writing.
• Critically evaluate emerging scientific literature and participate in scientific meetings. Stays current with and adopts innovative technologies.
• PhD in Cancer Research, Immunology, Cell Biology or related field
• Extensive laboratory research experience with a high degree of expertise in molecular biology techniques
• Demonstrated track record of scientific achievement (i.e., strong publication and/or patent record)
• Ability to develop novel assays and cellular models for the interrogation of biology
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams is critical
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
• Enthusiasm and passion for conceiving and executing innovative scientific research
• Strong analytical skills and proficient at complex data analysis and interpretation
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders, and to audiences of diverse backgrounds
• Highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person, comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.