1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to support our oncology target discovery efforts in the Reverse Translation/Functional Genomics/Discovery Oncology group.
This is a lab-based position.
- The scientist will perform genetic (CRISPR-Cas9, siRNA, shRNA, etc.) and pharmacological perturbation in cancer cell lines to validate insights derived from our clinical biomarker data.
- This scientist is also responsible for establishing and performing single cell screenings (perturb-seq).
- The candidate will work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- The candidate must have a master degree (doctorate degree preferred) in a biology-relevant field, strong background in cancer research is preferred.
- Must have extensive, documented hands-on experience with molecular and cell biology experiments.
- Experience working with lentiviral systems to over-express or knockout target genes.
- Good understanding of high dimensional data analysis. Nice-to-have skills:
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR-based screening platforms.
- Hands-on experience with 10X single cell sequencing platform.
- Good oral/written communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities will be expected.
- Contract can be extended past 2 year mark as well
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.