280 UTAH AVE., SUITE 200 SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080 US
- Establish pipelines for both pooled and arrayed screening of CRISPR-Cas-related and novel systems that enable therapeutic genome and transcriptome engineering
- Develop targeted functional screens, libraries, and directed evolution experiments for these systems
- Fully characterize and optimize our screening platform to balance library size, sensitivity, false positive rate, and other key parameters
- Collaborate with structural biology, computational biology, and machine learning colleagues to bias screen designs using the best available insights
- Consider all aspects of a viable therapeutic system in your screening and selection, including efficacy, specificity, immunogenicity, delivery, etc.
- Remain focused on the creation of viable therapeutic products that change the lives of patients
- PhD in Bioengineering, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Engineering, or related fields
- Strong understanding of structural biology and general protein engineering methodologies
- Experience leveraging high-throughput molecular or synthetic biology to support protein and RNA engineering
- Experience developing functional genomic screens
- Familiarity with NGS library preparation, sequencing, and analysis
- Experience deploying and/or engineering genome editing and transcriptional regulation systems (e.g. CRISPRn CRISPRi, CRISPRa, RNAi, shRNA, etc.)
- An understanding of structural biology and general protein engineering methodologies
- Research interests in genetic disease, immunology or neurobiology
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.