Senior Accountant, US Controllership
790 Lindaro Street San Rafael, CA 94903 US
This Senior Accountant role is part of the US Controllership team, with a focus on the accounting for the WWRD (Worldwide Research and Development) and TOPS (Technical Operations) functions. This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, US Controllership, and be part of a great team who values flexibility, excellence, integrity, and work-life balance.
This role is highly visible to communicate and collaborate across different teams and functions of our business. A strong candidate will be our “go to person” to lead, solve problems, and get stuff done. Attention to details, organization, and good analytical skills are essential to this role. This is a great opportunity to come join us to learn about our WWRD business and accounting.
We offer a hybrid model to get both personal connections as well as remote flexibilities. Tuesday and Thursday in the San Rafael campus while Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are remote.
- Strong partnership and collaboration with WWRD business partners and within the finance organization to understand business activities and be the advisor in terms of accounting
- Own accounting for clinical trials within WWRD
- Ensure income statement and balance sheet are compliant with US GAAP and company policies by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations in responsible areas
- Perform fluctuation analysis and commentary to explain what’s going on in the business
- Review contracts to determine US GAAP accounting and prepare contract summary
- Complete 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External Reporting team
- Support both internal and external audits, SOX control
- Always seeking process improvements and efficiencies to drive synergy across the teams and regions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required or equivalent experiences in non-accounting degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in General Accounting or financial audit
- Experience in monthly close activities or financial audit in a deadline-driven environment
- ERP systems experience, bonus point for Oracle EBS and/or SAP
- Excellent in Excel and data analytics
- Strong self-starter who can work on their own initiatives
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.