6100 Tower Circle Franklin, TN 37067 US
The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing the daily and monthly accounting functions as well as intercompany allocation. The position is responsible for general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and various other subledgers. The Senior Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance within accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Perform general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures that they are complete, accurate and compliant with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Analyze P&L line items and provide explanations for variances to budget and prior periods
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations timely and accurately
- Assists with corporate budget process
- Assists staff accountants in Accounting processes and procedures
- Maintain various subledger systems that support general ledger balances
- Ensures compliance with all audit controls for assigned accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures, performance improvement initiatives and maintains organizational and industry policies regarding confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to person(s) receiving services and their family members, guests and other members of the health care team.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- Three to five years of accounting experience
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Excel
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data and information while maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels
- Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries and understands when to route inquiries to the next level
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.