Senior Analyst, HR Data Quality
121 Seaport Boulevard Boston, MA 02210 US
Who we want: Data managers. People who enjoy compiling, organizing, and consolidating large volumes of data and reports. Data translators. Highly effective communicators who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and executive level presentations. Analytical problem solver. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues. What you will do:
The Senior Analyst, HR Data Quality role will be responsible for ensuring our business has the highest quality people data with which to make informed decisions. As part of the Human Resources team, this role will be accountable for validating and maintaining the quality of the data in Workday and partnering with Finance to ensure alignment. This individual will be responsible for creating data quality metrics, monitoring the data set for problems, leading data cleansing projects, and creating controls for integrity maintenance. Someone successful in this position will have the opportunity to interact with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Identify, analyze, assess, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used
- Create partnerships with key stakeholders in HR and the business to resolve data quality problems using techniques such as root cause analysis
- Lead cross-functional data cleansing efforts, working with local HR in country and HR Shared Services as appropriate to correct/update the data in Workday.
- Create and execute plans for the maintenance of the data integrity based on findings from root cause analysis, inclusive of manager campaigns around the importance of quality data and their responsibility for maintaining
- Create HR/Workday data quality metrics to measure the current state of data integrity and success of data quality initiatives
- Perform data analysis and prepare reports and dashboards for leadership usi
- Produce data quality scorecards to share with leadership
- Manage data quality documentation by defining and maintaining data standards, definitions, and models (e.g. data dictionary for critical data elements, organizational data, etc.)
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Finance, Business, or a related field required
- Five years' experience in an HRIS, functional systems, or data quality role required
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to find root causes of data quality issues required
- Operational understanding of the Workday data model and reporting
Expert level experience with Excel and aggregating and analyzing large data set required
- Ability to understand how business processes and Workday structure contribute to data integrity required
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required to work with different levels of business leadership, business users, and functional teams required
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine data issues using independent judgment preferred Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Proven customer service, organizational, and team collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, efficiently prioritize projects, and embrace new challenges
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.