Senior Associate Scientist
200 Cambridge Park Drive Cambridge, MA 02140 US
Target Pay Rate: 50-68.51/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Client seeks a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Stem Cell and Disease Modeling team in the Neuroscience Thematic Research Center (NTRC). The newly developed NTRC is dedicated to the discovery of new treatments for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease as well as rare diseases that affect both adults and children. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about stem cell research and discovery of new medicines for neurodegeneration and who appreciates the challenges and rewards in this field.
- Perform cell culture (iPSCs, primary cells, immortalized cell lines) to support the research needs of the group
- Differentiate iPSCs to specialized CNS cell types
- Develop disease-relevant assays with iPSC-derived cells to drive target validation & drug discovery efforts
- Develop image-based high-content screening assays to capture disease-relevant phenotypes
- Organizes and maintains experimental data in lab notebook
- Participates in troubleshooting of routine experiments
- B.S with 4+ years or MS with 2+ years of experience in Biology, Molecular Biology related fields in industry or academic setting
- Requires a good understanding and practical experience in routine mammalian cell culture and microscopy
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as western blotting, immunostaining, DNA & RNA extractions, and qPCR
- Works under minimal supervision for routine activities and moderate supervision for non-routine activities
- Fast learner who can independently conduct experiments following established protocols and can develop new techniques
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, adaptable and ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment
Preferred Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant cell culture experience with cell lines, primary cells
- Experience with iPSC differentiation to a variety of specialized neurons and subsequent characterization of iPSC-neurons
- Experience with high throughput cell biology including high content imaging, signal transduction assays or genetic screens
- Genome editing, CRISPR engineering, RNAi approaches.
- Ability to learn and become independent to drive assay development efforts
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.